The NTCH is located in the Democracy Memorial Hall Park opposite the National Central Library on Zhongshan South Road. When standing facing the park at the main entrance gate, the National Theater is on the right next to Aiguo East Road and the National Concert Hall is on the left next to Xinyi Road. The Halls can be easily reached by bus, MRT, car or even foot.
If you are using public transportation you can travel by bus or the Taipei MRT. The National Concert Hall and the National Theater are equally accessible.
There are entrances from the street on all four sides of the compound: Xinyi Road, Zhongshan South Road, Aiguo East Road and Hangzhou South Road, and buses which travel these roads all stop beside the compound. If you are going to the National Theater, the Aiguo East Road side or Zhongshan South Road is better. If you are going to the National Concert Hall, Xinyi South Road or Zhongshan South Road is closer.
- Taipei MRT
The NTCH is located at the junction of the Xindian, Zhonghe and Xiaonanmen lines of the Taipei MRT. Take any of these lines to the MRT Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station and exit through Gate 5.
The NTCH is very accessible by car. If you are on the Zhongshan North-South Highway, exit at the Chongqing Interchange and travel south on Chongqing North Road to Aiguo West Road and turn left and you will soon arrive at the compound. Total distance from the Highway is about 5KM. If you are on the Second North-South Highway, exit via the Muzha Interchange and follow Xinhai Road to Roosevelt Road and turn right. Follow Roosevelt Road to where it becomes Zhongshan South Road and you are at the NTCH.
An underground parking garage with 695 spaces is located underneath the complex. This parking garage is limited to automobiles only; motorcycles are not allowed.
When there are large public activities in the vicinity of the compound or for other unforeseen reasons, access to the parking garage may be limited, and priority will be given to those with tickets to the day's events at NTCH or to staff associated with such events.
Underground Parking Garage
- Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day
Payment of fees: The NTCH Parking Garage uses a fully-automated payment system with IC cards. When you drive into the garage, pick up a card from the machine at the gate or insert a monthly parking card into the machine. Keep the card with you until you drive out of the parking garage. When you drive out, pay the parking fees as indicated on the machine, then verify the payment at the gate. Disabled persons can use a car parking card by bringing their Disabled ID, driver's license or Disabled Passenger license to the office to obtain a card. Parking for up to four hours is allowed with the card; any time over four hours will be charged at regular rates.
- Parking Rates: There are hourly and monthly rates for parking in the underground garage
- Hourly parking – The first hour of parking is NT$40, after which each half hour or fraction thereof is NT$20. Take your ticket stub and the parking card (for morning performances, up to 15:00; for afternoon performances, from 12:00 to 19:00; and for evening performances, 17:00-23:00) to the business office in the parking garage and pay the standard fee of NT$80.
- Monthly parking tickets: Four kinds of monthly parking tickets may be purchased: 24-hour monthly tickets, daytime tickets, nighttime tickets and a limited number of monthly tickets.
Please enquire at the parking garage business office for more information. 24-hour cards are NT$5400 per month with no limit on the number of times they may be used, and cars may be left overnight. Daytime tickets are NT$2700 and are good from 7:00am to 7:00pm Monday through Friday (not usable on weekends or holidays).
Any additional time before or after the daytime period will be charged at NT$40 for each hour or fraction of an hour.
Nighttime tickets are NT$2500 and are good from 19:00 to 07:00 daily. Any additional time before or after the daytime period will be charged at NT$40 for each hour or fraction of an hour
Service line: (02) 3393- 9530, 3393-9531
- Lost or misplaced parking cards: In case of lost or misplaced tickets, proceed to the business office and obtain a certificate to pay applicable fees.
- When a parking time card is lost, changes will be calculated beginning at 7:00am on the same day. If the car has been parked overnight, charges will be calculated from midnight on the day the vehicle entered the parking lot. In addition, there is a fee of NT$200 for any IC card which is lost or damaged.
If a monthly parking card is lost or damaged a replacement card can be obtained by presenting proper identification. A handling fee of NT$500 to replace the card will be charged.
Public Entry and Exit
National Theater and Concert Hall
- Both the National Theater and the Concert Hall can be accessed from the parking lot. Take the elevator or the stairway to the desired level.
- When entering from the ground floor of the National Theater or the Concert Hall, take the elevator or the stairs to the public area on the desired floor.
- To go from the National Theater to Aiguo East Road or the Main Plaza, go to the Main Gate on the first floor (Gate No. 4 or No. 6) then take the elevator or the stairs to the public area on the desired floor. To go from the Concert Hall to Xinyi Road or the Main Plaza, go to the Main Gate on the first floor (Gate No. 4 or No. 6) then take the elevator or the stairs to the public area on the desired floor.
The Experimental Theater
- The Experimental Theater is on the third floor of the National Theater. Enter via special exit near Gate No. 3 on the ground floor. If you are in the parking garage there is a red brick walkway next to the vehicular roadway on the left side when you are facing the National Theater. Walk up to the ground level, turn right and follow the route to the Experimental Theater.
- The Recital Hall is on the first basement level of the Concert Hall. If you are near the Democracy Square you can enter from the ground level (at Gate No. 2) or from the ticket office on the Xinyi Road side (Gate No. 1).
Access by Vehicle
Passengers arriving by vehicle can alight at the entrance from Aiguo East Road next to the National Theater, or from Xinyi Road next to the Concert Hall. Passengers in private cars can also alight on the ramp at Gate 4 on the first floor or Aiguo East Road next to the National Theater, or on the ramp at Gate 4 on the first floor on Xinyi Road next to the Concert Hall. (This area is open to traffic one hour before the start of each performance). Vehicle height is limited to 2M high, and vehicles can enter the parking lot from Aiguo East Road or from Xinyi Road.